- Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:32:28 +0000: Safeway Shareholders Approve Albertsons Merger - Wall Street Journal - merger OR acquisition - Google NewsSafeway Shareholders Approve Albertsons Merger
Wall Street Journal
Cerberus Capital Management agreed in March to buy Safeway in a deal valued at more than $9 billion that would create a food retailer with more than 2,400 stores and 250,000 employees. Shareholders at the company's annual meeting also approved a ...
and more »
- Fri, 25 Jul 2014 19:18:42 +0000: Closer look at OneBlood's big possible merger - Orlando Business Journal (blog) - merger OR acquisition - Google News
Crestview News BulletinCloser look at OneBlood's big possible merger
Orlando Business Journal (blog)
So what will be the end result of OneBlood Inc.'s possible merger with Pittsburgh-based Institute for Transfusion Medicine? OneBlood today announced that it's in due diligence with the Institute for Transfusion Medicine. Susan Forbes, senior vice ...
OneBlood in merger talks
Ocala all 5 news articles »
- Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:20:50 +0000: Merger Rush for Offshore Inversion Tax Break Bets on Stalemate in Congress - Bloomberg BNA - merger OR acquisition - Google NewsMerger Rush for Offshore Inversion Tax Break Bets on Stalemate in Congress
July 21 --U.S. companies are racing to complete tax-reducing offshore mergers before a credible threat to stop them emerges from Congress. AbbVie Inc., maker of the arthritis medicine Humira, announced the largest such inversion deal July 18 with a ...
and more »
- Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:11:33 +0000: When Media Mergers Limit More Than Competition - New York Times - merger OR acquisition - Google News
BusinessweekWhen Media Mergers Limit More Than Competition
New York Times
Antitrust experts said that a merger of 21st Century Fox and Time Warner posed far more serious regulatory issues than Comcast's acquisition of NBCUniversal. That's because Fox and Time Warner are direct competitors in the businesses of film and ...
Did Jeff Bewkes See Rupert Murdoch Coming?
Top Analyst on Time Warner-Fox Merger: 'We Don't Buy the Rationale for This ...
Merger-Mania Could Depress Big Media Stocks: Analyst
Deadline.com all 196 news articles »
- Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:51:32 +0000: British Construction Giants Balfour Beatty and Carillion in Merger Talks - New York Times - merger OR acquisition - Google News
New York TimesBritish Construction Giants Balfour Beatty and Carillion in Merger Talks
New York Times
LONDON — The British construction and services companies Carillion and Balfour Beatty said late Thursday that they were engaged in preliminary discussions regarding a possible merger. The deal, if consummated, would create an infrastructure, ...
Balfour in Talks With Carillion About $5 Billion Merger
Carillion in talks with Balfour Beatty on 3 billion pound merger
UK Contractors Balfour Beatty and Carillion Are in Merger Talks
Engineering News Record (subscription) Financial Times all 130 news articles »